Monday, December 22, 2008

Major League Baseball - Spring Training

I have gone to Spring Training as a fan and yes as a Vendor, I have enjoyed myself both ways.

I like going to Spring Training because that helps me get in safe for the up coming season just as is does the Ball Players, it also helps me feel I am part of it all in some way. The atmosphere is different than a Regular Season game, it almost has the same feeling as a Minor League game, with just a pinch more spice to it.

The Grapefruit League is better to watch and the Cactus League is better to work, watching the Grapefruit League is great because you can go from town to town and explore the state of Florida and enjoy many other things besides base...like there is anything besides baseball. Working is a bit different because you have to drive a bit further to get where you are going, especially if you are trying to work almost everyday.

The Cactus League is great if you want to work everyday and on some days you may get two games in. With most teams in and around Phoenix it's pretty easy to get from one side of town to the other, and yes it depends on which direction you must go for the second game.

Many vendors have asked if the teams pay for your travel or hotel, well I'll tell you very simply...NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment